Happy Fri-yay peeps! Holy smokes – is anyone else feeling like this has quite possibly the longest week everrrrrr in the history of all the weeks? Cuz I’m feeling like that hard core for some reason. K anywhooooo…
I wanted to check in with you on how the Love HIIT Body Guide and Meal Plan are going. It’s been 3 weeks since I officially began the program, and I checked in once in this post since I started, but I figured it was time to do so again.
Here’s what has happened:
- Starting Weight: 119.2
- Current weight: 115.2
- Pounds lost: 4 lbs (yahoooo!)
- I saw a teeny bit of difference in my measurements everywhere but nowhere that had reached an entire inch yet besides my ‘saddle bag’ area, which went down 1 inch. So no major difference in my measurements yet, but hey – that’s ok. I’m remembering the words on this here little graphic that I may or may not have swiped off of Pinterest…
How I Look…
- While the differences are still minor (it’s only been 3 weeks, hello), I do feel like I’m seeing subtle differences in how I look.
- My arms look a bit leaner to me and a bit more toned.
- My tummy area feels a bit tighter.
- Probably the biggest difference I’m seeing is in my BUM you guys! I don’t know if it’s all the plyos or what, but I definitely feel like the cellulite situation has minimized. Even more so than the last time I mentioned it in this post. Like kind of by a lot, which has shocked me. It feels different too. Like it feels way less…squishy? Is that the right word? I think that’s the right word. I also feel weird that we just talked this much about my butt and the visual you’re getting probs isn’t too pretty (squishy cellulite… awesome). So yeah… sorry bout that.
How I Feel…
- I’m feeling really good you guys. Honestly by far the best I’ve felt physically since before getting pregnant with baby girl.
- I feel a little stronger, a little tighter, and a little better in my clothes.
- Overall it’s making me feel just a little more confident! Hooray!
What has been the most challenging…
- Ok, I’ll be totally honest here: the most challenging part for me by far has been the eating. I’ve never been a very structured, clean eater though, so the shift in how I’m eating (or at least trying to eat) has felt pretty major. I mean, I wasn’t eating terribly before – like I was definitely conscious of it and stuff. But it’s really been the mindless eating that I’ve adjusted.
- Also when I’m eating. I used to eat very little (like maybe a protein shake is all) until about the middle of the day, and then by then I’d be ravenous obvi, so I’d be opening the bag of tortilla chips and snacking on those until I ate my ‘real’ meal. And then needing a treat after basically every single meal too. I’ve cleaned all of that up A LOT. And yes it’s been an adjustment, but I’ve also felt a whole lot better as a result.
- The macro counting/calculating is still proving to be a major learning curve, but each day I feel like I get a little better hang of it. So that’s good.
- Fitting in the workouts six days out of the week can feel challenging too, I’ll admit. As a mom of two and especially with all of Charlie’s appointments every week and then with the job (blog), it can feel really tough some days to fit it in. BUT, I kind of live for my daily workout (mama escape time), so I almost always find a way to make it work. Even if that means having to wake up at the butt crack of dawn and go before Chase goes to work because I know I don’t have someone to watch the kids while I workout during the day, OR waiting until Chasee gets home from work/the kids are in bed and then going to the gym at like 8 pm — I’ll do it. Even if I’m totally dragging, I can usually get myself into the gym. There’s just a huge connection for me in how it makes me feel, and that’s a major motivator.
- And for the record, these are the types of workouts that CAN be done from home. They really can. And I bought these weights a couple weeks ago to ensure that I’m prepped to do the workouts at home should I need to. But for me personally (this is 100% a personal thing), I totally struggle with working out at home. It’s just not my thing. I’d rather make sacrifices to be able to go to the actual gym than workout from home, even though it would probably be easier in a lot of cases. I like that with these workouts I CAN do it from home though if needed.
- Oh, and I STILL have not started the 30-day ab challenge. Which is annoying. But guess what? I’m going to just make a decision right now that I’m starting that program TODAY. Yep! I’m doing it TODAY you guys. And I just told you that so now I have to. See how this accountability thing works? It helps so much I swear.
What I’m Loving Most…
- I think the thing I love most about the program though is that it has totally improved the quality of my workouts. I go into the gym with a plan. I know exactly what I’m doing when I get there, and I LOVE that part of it. It makes my workouts so much more effective. It also makes it easier to get into the gym cuz there’s never any wondering ‘well what the H am I going to do once I get there?’
- Also you guys – it just feels good to be DOING something — to feel like I’m driving toward something physically. Know what I mean? I think it can feel scary to start that journey, but once you’re committed and really truly ON it, it’s so invigorating. It’s empowering. It can totally be the thing for people that pulls them out of a funk or helps them push to the next level. I love that about this program — that it’s having that effect for me.
Again, it’s only been 3 weeks, and especially when you’re down to your last handful of pounds or inches, changes in your body really can just take TIME. So I’m trying to keep that in mind as I go along. Next week though will be week 4, which is the final week of the program. And then I’ll restart it for another 4 weeks (8 weeks total).
Help me stay motivated guys!
So much of the results you see with these things comes down to consistency.
So help me keep on keepin’ on!
And let me know what questions you have!
Also, be sure to check out Sara’s blog (Sara is the creator of the Love HIIT Body Guide) for awesome fitness tips and for more info about the program.
And if you want to buy it, you guys the whole thing is only $60! That is INSANE. You can snag it all (meal plan, workout program, ab challenge) HERE.
NOTABLE WEEKEND SALES
40% off all full priced tops & sweaters. Use code WEARNOW.
Just bought this top. Dying.
$75 off your purchase of $250 or more. Use code 5348.
10% off + free shipping if you download their app. Use code 6471.
35% off your purchase. Use code YES.
Also Super Spring Sale — up to 50% off (prices as marked).
30% off your purchase. Use code LOTSTOSHOP.
Extra 25% off your purchase of $100 or more – Use code NEWNOW.
Today only: Free shipping on select stuff (see website for details).
30% off spring trends. No code needed.
Extra 30% off almost everything. Use code FRIENDS.
Extra 25% off. Use code LOOKS.
50% off all dresses, accessories, and shoes. No code needed.
30% off select dining furniture, 30% off best selling home office furniture, 70% off end of season sale.
No code needed.
Select booties and pumps up to 50% off. No code needed.
Buy one get one 50% off all women’s apparel, accessories and shoes. No code needed.
20-30% off furniture and rugs. No code needed.
Have a Freaking Awesome Friday!
Thanks for reading!